Ald Simon Behrakis:
As an Elected Member:
- Ald Simon Behrakis supports highrise towers
- he campaigned heavily in favour of the 'Welcome Stranger' highrise towers - look at the ads for him on the Welcome Stranger now!
- he supported the original versions of the New Town hospital
- he supports highrise towers on Macquarie Street that would overlook St Michael's girls' school's open spaces
- he supports taking planning decisions from local Councils
- He voted against the City's climate / biodiversity policy
- He voted against the 'Sustainable Hobart Action Plan'
- he often disregards the recommendations of the City's professional Planning Officers i.e. the provisions in the Planning Schemes
On Social Media:
- The City's 'Social Media Policy' was adopted by Council on the 18th November 2019.
- In both 2020 and 2021, Ald Behrakis refused to sign that he will abide by any of the City's policies, including the 'Social Media Policy'.
- he often prompts for, and then allows, posts on his social media that are derogatory and personal, against members of the public, fellow elected members, and HNH
- These posts are against members of the public, fellow elected members, and HNH.
- The 'Social Media Policy' makes him responsible for all posts on his social media, including 3rd-party posts.
- Click 'Here' for details and some samples.
Click on each of the following for more details:
If you log into the Mercury and search for "behrakis', you will find those Mercury articles.
Ald Behrakis: if you disagree with any of the above, please contact HNH. We will correct any errors immediately.
Authorised by Brian Corr for Hobart Not Highrise Inc., Hobart.